#SareeNotSorry Breaking fashion rules!

 I am blogging tonight after almost 15 days. Tossing continuously between study & blog is not easy, but I am trying to keep up with it.

Anyway I took such a long break as I had my exams & as the semester is ending I had to complete a lot of assignments & stuff, which I’m still not done with though. So, I am not going to waste any more time & get into my outfit.

 I think every girl loves wearing sarees for a few special occasions. I mean who wouldn’t want to channelize the sexy desi girl, in ourselves. So the hunt for the perfect saree begins & that struggle with the masterji for that perfect blouse & detailing takes your all. I am different that ways. I try to cut short the struggle!

For this look I have worn saree with a kurta. Not doing much with the jewelry to let saree be the statement. I’m wearing jhumkis (DIY) & handcuff & I was pretty much done. And not to forget my Rajasthani ethnic side bag.




I bought this kurta last year from Ujjain & as I say this (Ujjain) I start getting goose bumps already. I mean guys you got to visit the city for once at least, everything in the city is so mesmerizing plus the positive vibes I got there. That place is literally heaven! I feel like going back there all over again. So u can see how special this kurta is for me. Also, this kurta is totally handmade & is made by the prisoners of Ujjain’s central jail. You ask why? Because Ujjain doesn’t have an industry of its own, so most of their earnings come from people who visit there (since the place holds such great history!). So the prisoners are using their time behind bars & admirably picking-up professional skills to manufacture high quality products & they can earn too. Isn’t that wonderful!! They have shown life behind bars need not be a prison of the mind. It could be a learning experience.

Coming back to this look! The saree I’m wearing is a   ‘munga (moonga) Kota’ saree that I stole from my mom’s wardrobe. She is fond of sarees & her knowledge for sarees is commendable, I mean I didn’t have to Google anything about this saree. She had all the details already. Love you mom!
 Kota sarees are renowned for its transparency & weightlessness. These sarees can be worn in summer to get relief from the heat of summer. There is no comparison of traditional craftsmanship of Kota sarees, all over India.

have a look for yourself!





















I really loved how this look came out so subtle & unique at the same time. Also, please ignore the way I have draped the saree here, since I’m an amateur at ‘the art of draping’.

You can mix-&-match any of your kurta with any saree & you are all set to steal the show. Also, since my hair are not long enough  so I was not left with much of a choice for hairstyle but you can tie your hair up in a messy bun & put a gajra on it, also a fishtail braid would totally do justice to your look & would  add that classy element to it.

You don’t expect a fashion blogger to tell you that a saree can totally transform your look.  But believe me they can be your go to for nearly every occasion. They can be worn in countless ways & add elegant panache to your look.
Please do tell me in the comments below or on my Instagram handle @colour_diva if I was able to modify your views on ‘a saree’.

Until next time

Lots of love…


Comments

  1. You have very good knowledge about hair care products write something on best skin care and hair care products at good price

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#ADenimStateOfMind

#BeingAnanas DIY